During these unprecedented times due to COVID-19 health crisis we want to thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding as we work through some very challenging times in the Sports and Tourism Industry.
First off we would like to say a big THANK YOU to our team and event participants and families as sincerely about 97% of our customer base has been absolutely fantastic to deal with and have been very understanding of the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of today, July 3rd we continue to work with our strategic partners, local host facilities and Health units in regards to possible resumption of hockey events. Our office has been under mandatory government closure since March 29, 2020 although we have had a skeleton staff monitoring phones and emails, providing updates and working with our strategic partners as we have navigated through a number of challenges and postponements due to the pandemic. While Ontario seems to be lagging behind others in regards to openings, there has certainly been some positive movement and reasons for optimism of late with Hockey Canada lifting its ban on sanctioned hockey activities, some facilities starting to open based on the region, some countries like New Zealand and Slovenia etc announcing an end to coronavirus restrictions in totality and some of our US friends and facilities scheduled to launch summer youth leagues in July and the USA West area announcing AAA tryout dates in mid-late August. With the recent move in Ontario to phase 2 openings in certainly regions we will be resuming normal business operations over the next couple of weeks.....but please understand that as we transition back we will have lots of items that need attention so while we are normally quick to action and respond, there may be unavoidable delays based on workload.
While the situation remains fluid as government monitors current restrictions for phase 1 or 2 openings we will continue to provide the most up to date and accurate information as possible. Rest assured that the health and safety of our program and event participants and families are of paramount importance to us here at Draftday International Athletics so we will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 opening guidelines as we are hopeful to be able to proceed with our August postponement dates albeit with some restrictions and guidelines. We expect to have more clarity in the next few weeks as restrictions continue to lessen.
We must say that while we certainly understand the anxiety and stresses that this virus has caused......, the supportive, positive and optimistic emails that we continued to receive along with the continued applications have been very uplifting and refreshing. Right from the beginning we received a steady stream of emails with the consistent message being how much everyone misses hockey and how much they cannot wait until they can get back on the ice....needless to say....we completely agree.
The challenges are complex but we at Draftday have a great deal of trust and confidence that together we will get through these trying times and we wish you safety and good health as we all navigate through these challenges.
All indicators are telling us that the Sports Industry will recover quickly as it is an important piece of most social and family lifestyle and well-being. We will continue to release additional statements on a weekly basis every Friday