READ BEFORE AGREEING TO THE POLICY
WARRANTY AND CONSENT OF PARENT/GUARDIAN
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of allowing my minor child/ward to participate in the program, related events and activities of the Regional Express
Hockey Program (a division of Draftday International Athletics Inc.)
I WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- I am a parent/guardian having full legal responsibility for the decisions regarding my minor child/ward, and
- I am familiar with the risk of serious injury and death which any participant in this program must assume, and
- I believe that my minor child/ward is physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this program, and that his/her equipment is mechanically fit for his/her use in this program, and
- I understand, and will instruct my minor child/ward, that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with my minor child/ward, and
- I will immediately remove my minor child/ward from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that my minor child/ward has experienced any deterioration in his/her physical, emotional or mental fitness for continued participation in this program
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR CHILD/WARD, MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND
NEXT OF KIN, THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
- an unqualified ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with participation in this program by my minor child/ward even if arising from negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of the program organizer and any persons associated therewith or participating therein, and
- a FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY of the program organizer and all persons and organizations associated with it and the program including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, its officers, directors, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, chaperones, coaches, volunteers, owners and/or lessors of the premises used to conduct the program, sanctioning bodies, medical or rescue personnel (the “Releasees”), of and from with the respect to all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence, or negligent rescue of or by the foregoing or otherwise, and
- an UNDERSTANDING NOT TO SUE the RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from the participation of my minor child/ward in the program, and
- an AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the RELEASEES of otherwise.
- a FULL AND FINAL RELEASE, confirmation and assignment of the irrevocable right of ownership and use of my child’s/ward’s photographs, images, audio recordings, video recordings and my child’s/ward’s likeness in any form including but not limited to publication on websites, broadcasts, posters or other media/social media and hereby forever waive my right to inspect or approve any such publication of said images. Furthermore, the undersigned consents to the use of my child’s/ward’s personal information, including name and email address for the purposes of publishing participants names, result and to facilitate electronic communication of information relating to these events or other similar events.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES ARE RELYING UPON MY WARRANTIES, ASSUMPTIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERTAKINGS AND AGREEMENTS WHEN ACCEPTING MY MINOR CHILD’S/WARD’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS DOCUMENT THAT I GIVE UP LEGAL RIGHTS I/AND OR MY MINOR CHILD/WARD WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE.
I AGREE TO THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.